I’m so thrilled to share my knowledge and experiences with you and I want to make sure this website is informative and easy to use!
Please review this FAQ page for any questions you may have regarding Healthy Kids Happy Kids. Please know that our team consists of me and my hubby, Peter (yup – that’s it!), and we will make every endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible with any questions or concerns.
- Why am I not receiving the the newsletter or other emails?
- How do I access the member section and content that I’ve purchased?
- I can’t log in.
- Why are videos not playing well?
- Why are videos playing at low resolution?
- How do I contact you?
- What is the return policy?
Why am I not receiving the the newsletter or other emails?
For most people having trouble receiving email, the emails were sent but not opened or received. Here are some things to do:
- When you first sign up for anything related to Healthy Kids Happy Kids, we send you an email to confirm your email address. Make sure you click the link in that email to confirm your address! If you are not sure your email address has been confirmed, enter your name and address in the signup form again and our email system will figure things out for you.
- Check your SPAM/JUNK folder and mark any of our email there as “Not Junk” or “Not SPAM”.
- Some of you may not receive our email even though our system reports the emails as delivered. The reason for this is they are being filtered by your email provider. To prevent this, please add email@example.com to your address book. In most cases this will solve the problem. You can also add us to your email “safe list”. This process varies for each email provider, but please go to your email account and determine how to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list.”
- Finally, if you have done all of this and still are not receiving our email, this may unfortunately be the result of your email providers blocking all email from certain servers they think are a source of spam, and is entirely beyond our control. Shockingly, this blocked email is never delivered anywhere (not even to your SPAM folder) – and NOBODY IS NOTIFIED WHAT WAS BLOCKED! If you think this is happening to you, please email us at email@example.com and we will see what we can do.
How do I access the member’s area of Healthy Kids Happy Kids and content that I’ve purchased?
- You will only have access to the member’s area of our website if you have purchased content such as the Everyday Holistic Pediatrics online class.
- Click the “Members” link in the menu at the top of the Healthy Kids Happy Kids website.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password.
- Once successfully logged in, you will be on the Members page of our website with access to all available member content.
I can’t log in.
Most login problems are caused by two problems:
- Make sure you are using the correct username and password.
- The password is case-sensitive.
- If you changed your password, please remember to use the new password, not the one in the initial email you received.
- Use this link to have your current password emailed to you: Email My Current Password
- There is also a “Forgot Password?” link on the Member Login page which can be used to reset your password if needed.
- Sometimes user information, including a session expiration date, may be cached in your web browser and prevent successfully logging in. Please clear your cache, close the browser, restart the browser and try to login again. Another good way to make sure cached information is not causing a problem is to use a “private” or “incognito” browser window. Each browser does this a little differently:
- In Mozilla (Firefox): Click the 3-line Open Menu icon in the upper right corner and select “New Private Window.”
- In Chrome: Click 3-dot icon in the upper right corner and select “New incognito window.”
- In Internet Explorer: Click the wheel icon in the upper right corner and select “Safety” and then “InPrivate Browsing” from the menu.
- In Safari: Choose File > New Private Window
- On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Safari, tap Private, then Private again when done.
Why are videos not playing well?
We use Wistia, a well-known, professional video hosting service, for all our videos. They support a virtually unlimited number of people streaming each video without performance problems. Here are the suggestions from Wistia on what to check when there are problems viewing a video:
- Change the Video Display Quality
Displaying a video at a high quality requires more internet bandwidth and more computer processing power. If you are experiencing video playback problems, try clicking on the Settings (the wheel) icon in the right part of the video control bar and adjust the playback quality to a lower number. While we won’t look as good, we’ll be more fun to watch.
- Check Your Internet Speed
Are you (or your customers) experiencing slow loading, or seeing a “Loading…” message on your videos? The most common cause of this problem is that the viewer’s Internet connection speed is not fast enough to support video playback reliably. While we take many steps to optimize the playback experience for each viewer, there are some minimum requirements for a smooth playback experience. Check your internet speed here.
- Clear Your Cache
This may seem silly, but it’s an amazing fix in a number of situations. Try clearing your browser’s cache and restarting your web browser.
- Chrome: Three-dots icon in upper right –> More Tools –> Clear Browsing Data…
- Safari: Preferences –> Privacy —> Remove All Browsing Data
- Firefox: Three-bars icon in upper right –> History –> Clear recent history
- Internet: Explorer Tools –> Internet Options –> Browsing History
- Try a Different Browser
Sometimes different browsers can cause problems. If you’re using Firefox and your video doesn’t play, but things are ok in Chrome, let us know.
- Reset Your Internet Connection
Your internet connection can affect playback. Try resetting your router and make sure you have a good connection. For mobile devices, try re-connecting to WiFi or momentarily turn on “Airplane Mode” to reset your cellular connection.
Why are videos playing at low resolution?
In order to support video playback on many different devices with varying internet connection speeds, our videos default to a relatively low resolution. It is easy to change this! Click on the Settings icon (the wheel) in the right part of the video control bar on the bottom of every video and adjust the playback quality to a higher number.
How do I contact you?
Please feel free to contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. We typically respond very quickly, and will do our best to answer your email as soon as possible.
What is the return policy?
Full details can be found here: Return Policy