Friday Fun cooking has begun! I’m cooking lead for my daughter’s and son’s K/1 classes. With the late start to the school year, we’ve only had one cooking session in my son’s class so far, but it was a blast! I LOVE cooking with the kinders and 1st graders. Yes – it can be total chaos at times. But watching them roll up their sleeves, digging in to whatever peeling, chopping, cracking, mashing has to be done, and trying (and enjoying!) new flavors – is such an amazing experience.
What was our first cooking project? Kids’ Paleo Pancakes! A super fun and easy take on the 2 egg/1 banana paleo pancakes that many of you may already know. Bodi wants to make “banana pancakes” all the time now!
Kids’ Paleo Pancakes
1/2 ripe banana
- Enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
- Sunflower seeds
- Whatever else your heart desires!
Honey or Maple syrup
Olive oil or other cooking spray
- Cut bananas in half
- Have kids peel their 1/2 banana and mash really well in a bowl
- Crack egg into the bowl and mix into mashed banana
- Mix in fixins’ as desired
- Cook on a griddle
- Serve with honey or maple syrup and enjoy!